Friday 7 June 2013

Lagoon Bloom Collection

wendy wallwork FolksyThis is my new collection.......

I named the collection Lagoon Bloom for an exhibition I am entering in Altrincham in July. The theme of the exhibition is In Bloom, so I was inspired by the name and got busy.


The Breakfast Toast Rack was made using Oxidizing St Thomas and fired to Stoneware. I then coloured using mayco
and dipped in clear Duncan glaze.

I pierced some large holes into the dividers to enable the toasted bread to be nice and crispy !



 The tiles were squared off once the clay had become leather hard.


I prefer this tile, as the colour is much deeper. This is because I used two layers of mayco .


 The bowl has turned out very pretty. I rolled the clay and covered it with a layer of clingfilm before moulding it into an existing breakfast bowl. When it was leather hard I took it out of the mould and removed the clingfilm.

The vases were made using the slab rolling method. I scored and slip pasted the edges to join the two sides and then made a base.






All of the collection was fired to Stoneware and then glazed. The flower designs were made by indents and the stems were created by pressing string into the rolled out clay.


         I made many different samples for the collection,
         and made  notes on different techniques, and
         various firing ranges.

                                           
                                              Some samples had a more desired look
                                              than others.




I love the way the colours pool into
the indents, giving it depth.
























No comments:

Post a Comment